Instructions to Authors
Initial Manuscript Submission
Maximum length for submitted papers is 30 double-spaced one column pages including tables and figures. Submitted manuscripts should not have been previously published and should not be submitted for publication elsewhere while they are under consideration by Jordan Journal of Civil Engineering.
Authors must supply:
- An electronic copy of the paper is uploaded in word or PDF format at the submission side. The paper number and password shall be kept to follow on the progress of the review process and uploading of further documents (if requested).
- A copyright transfer agreement with original signature(s) by the corresponding author on behalf of all authors is requested upon the final acceptance of the paper, not before.
- If the manuscript contains extracts (illustrations, and Tables) from other copyright works including material from on-line or internet sources it will be the author's responsibility to obtain written permission from the owners of the publishing rights to reproduce such extracts using the Permission Request. Permission grants should be submitted with the manuscript.
The language of the Journal is English. All submissions must have a title, be double-line spaced with single columns per page and have a margin of 30 mm all round. Line numbering per page must be provided at the left side of the manuscript.
- The title page must list the full title and the names and affiliations of all authors. Give the full address, including e- mail, telephone and fax, of the corresponding author.
- Include the name(s) of any sponsor(s) of the research contained in the paper at the end of the manuscript.
- Supply a summary of up to 200 words for the articles. This is a concise dynamic summary of the whole paper that reflects objectives, methodology, and major findings (with the most important numerical data reported). It should contain no abbreviations or citations to other published work.
- Include up to six key words that describe your paper for indexing purposes.
- Tables and figures: tables and figures should appear after the manuscript. Tables should have fonts >10 times new roman. The figures should be originals (excel generated preferred) and not pictures. Do not copy and paste the figure. The figure should appear in the text as an editable EXCEL chart. All fonts in the figures should be >10 times new roman.
To cite sources in the text, use the author-date method; list the last names of the authors, then the year. The formats are as follows: one author -(Smith 2004); two authors -(Smith and Jones 2004); three or more authors-(Smith et al. 2004). Prepare a reference section listing all references alphabetically by last name of the first author. For anonymous reports and standards, alphabetize by the issuing institution. Double-space the reference section. Below are samples of properly formatted and complete references:
Journals: Husein Malkawi, A.I., Hassan, W.F., and Sanna, S.K. (2001). 'A Global Search Method for Locating General Slip Surface Using Monte Carlo Techniques.' J. Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engrg., ASCE, 127(8), 688- 698.
Conference Proceedings and Symposia: Husein Malkawi, A I., Mutasher, S.A., and Qiu. T. (2002). 'Thermal Analysis of Al-Tannur RCC Gravity Dam.' Proceeding of the 2002 International Conference on Roller Compacted Concrete Dam Constrnction in Middle East, April 7th-10th. pp. 303-318, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Irbid, Jordan, Edited by Malkawi, A.I; Auflrger, M and Strobl. Th.
Include the sponsor of the conference or publisher of the proceedings, and that entity's location-city and state or city and country.
Books and Reports: Feld, J., and Carper, K. (1997). Construction failure, 2nd Ed., Wiley, New York. Book references must include author, book title, publisher, and the publisher's location. If a specific chapter is being used, list the chapter title and inclusive page numbers. For reports, include the full institution name (not just the acronym) and its location.
Unpublished Material: Unpublished material is not included in the references. It may be cited in the text in the following forms: (John Smith, personal communication. May 16, 1999) or (Jones et al., unpublished manuscript, 2002). As an exception to the rule, articles that are accepted for publication may be included in the references as follows: Gibson. W. (2003). 'Cyberspace: The postmodern frontier'. J. in Fiction. in press.
Web Pages and On-line Material: Burka, L.P. (2002). 'A hypertext history of multiuser dimensions.' MUD history, https://www.ccs.neu.edu (Dec. 5,2003).
Include an author if possible, a copyright date, a title, the Web address, and the date the material was accessed or downloaded (in parentheses at the end).
CD-ROM: Liggett, J. A., and Caughey, D.A. (1998). 'Fluid statics.' Fluid mechanics (CD-ROM), ASCE, Reston, Va. Include authors, copyright date, titles, medium, and procedure/publisher and their location.
Electronic of the artwork should be supplied at the intended size for printing; the maximum column width is 143 mm. Color illustrations are not accepted. Use figure index data marks (like x, o. * and other types) to substitute color marking.
To enable the publisher to disseminate the author's work to the fullest extent, the author must sign a Copyright Transfer Agreement, transferring copyright in the article from the author to the publisher, and submit the original signed agreement with the article presented for publication. Copies may be printed from this website.
One complimentary of the printed version of the journal will be sent by post mail to each author. There is no page charge to authors.
Electronic copy should be submitted through the journal site:https://jjce.just.edu.jo/author/submit.php